Who is eligible?
The Carolinas Broyhill Youth Development Retreat (CBYDR) is an adaptation of the Broyhill Leadership Conference just for GIRLS in DSS, foster care, or residential children’s homes in North or South Carolina.
Young women must be 13-19 years old, and their applying social worker must verify that they meet our other Eligibility Requirements as well. Each summer, CBYDR is a life-changing experience for girls who are beginning to develop an interest in their personal development and goals for the future.
NOTE: Girls who attend CBYDR may not attend a BLC within the same summer.
Where is the Retreat?
CBYDR is held annually on a college or university campus. Check the Apply Now page for this year’s date and location.
What does the registration fee include?
Find the cost of this year’s conference on the Apply Now page*. When you register a delegate for CBYDR, she will receive:
- The CBYDR handbook with exclusive content to use at the conference and then take home with personal notes and discoveries from the week.
- Three nights’ lodging and 8 meals.
- Four days packed with friendships, personal growth, and excitement.
At CBYDR, there are many opportunities for the delegates to meet other girls from all over North and South Carolina … girls who have had similar life experiences. They will have the chance to hear others’ stories and share their own.
Girls will be challenged to learn, develop, and practice leadership and relationship skills that they can apply for the rest of their lives. What we teach at CBYDR is serious and challenging. The way we teach it appeals to teen girls and puts it on a level they can understand and use.
*The generosity of the Broyhill Family Foundation, as well as other donors, is responsible for helping to keep CBYDR so affordable.
How can I apply?
A social worker must complete the registration for CBYDR delegates.
- Social Workers: Go to the Apply Now page and begin the CBYDR application.
- Verify the eligibility of each girl you decide to register for CBYDR.
- Complete each delegate’s personal information file.
- Pay online for your delegates or submit our invoice for payment as soon as you receive it.
- Watch for our emails. You’ll receive an automatic email that lets you know your submission was successful. When your application is accepted, we’ll send a confirmation email with more information about what to pack for the conference, when to arrive, and where to go on campus.
- Prepare the girls you register by passing along the conference information to them and answering questions they may have about they type of conference they will be attending.
- Save the date for CBYDR on each delegate’s calendar! Notify us immediately about any cancellations or substitutions at [email protected] Our Refund Policy is below.
Social workers may make substitutions until CBYDR registration closes. The delegate you substitute must meet all Eligibility Requirements, and new personal information files must be created for her.
Partial refunds are possible until 15 days before the conference. Refund will be made to the organization that paid the fee.