Our staff members have an average of 10 years experience working with conferences administered by Tomorrow’s America Foundation. The majority of Staff members are educators. Many hold advanced degrees in education and counseling and many are actively pursuing continuing education and training. Most are involved with extracurricular activities that benefit the youth in their schools, churches, and communities.
All of our staff members are well-rounded and experienced in helping youth through many of the challenges facing them at this critical point in their lives. (The average age of our staff is 35.)
- High school teachers, administrators, counselors, coaches
- Middle school teachers, counselors, coaches
- College coach
- Communities in Schools Staff
- Corporate Vice President
- Motivational speakers
- Sports Outreach
- USAF Historian
Certifications & Training
- CPR, First Aid, First Responder
- Gifted & Talented Certification
- Drop-Out Prevention Training
- Foster Parent
- Life Skills Coach
- Skills USA State Trainer Certification
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training
- Youth Counseling Specialist Certification
- BS, BA, BSN
- MS, MA, Ed.S, MAT, M.Ed., PhD.
- Advanced School Counseling
Extra Curricular Activities
- Boys and Girls Clubs board member
- BETA Club Sponsor
- Chamber of Commerce board member
- County Commissioner
- County Teen Pregnancy Task Force
- County School Board member
- FCA Advisor
- Habitat for Humanity
- Optimist Club
- Rotary Club
- Salvation Army Soup Kitchen
- Special Olympics
- Student Council Advisor
- United Way board member
- YMCA board member
Staff Screening & Selection
Tomorrow’s America Foundation only hires staff who meet our high ideals for someone who will impact young people through our conferences. They must:
- have experience working with young people.
- desire to be around young people for the purpose of positively influencing their lives.
- display integrity and traditional values in their personal life.
- practice the principles they will teach young people throughout the summer.
- exude humor and enthusiasm.
Before a staff person is considered for hire, they must fill out an application and extensive questionnaire to determine their experience and core values, go through several interviews with Michael Broome, and pass a nation-wide criminal background check.
Each year, veteran staff members are evaluated by the director and delegates with whom they interact to determine their eligibility to return the following summer. They must re-submit to nation-wide background screening each summer they desire to work.
Additionally, each staff member is given a Guidelines and Policies Handbook which outlines expectations during the conference. Each staff member is required to read and follow the guidelines set forth in the handbook and must sign an agreement stating that they will do so.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please visit the Work with Us page to download the application.
Current staff members may access our resource page with password.